It is almost Wednesday and that means I get to go home to Texas for a week! I’ve been looking forward to seeing family, high school friends, and eating Tex-Mex and BBQ for months now.
Today, though, was wonderful as well. I started the day off with the usual coffee and greek yogurt bowl and then headed to Crunch to workout.
This workout killed my glutes. If you want to build a booty, do this workout 2x a week and get at least a gram of protein per pound of goal weight per day.
- Barbell squats, 5 sets 0f 15, 95#
- Barbell lunges, 5 sets of 15 per leg, 65#
- 100 incline situps
- Barbell thrusts (where you do a bridge with a barbell laying over your hips), 4 sets of 15, 115#
For lunch, I made a quick, easy and paleo…
bacon butternut squash soup
Recipe: serves 1
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 slice bacon, crispy
- 1/2 cup chicken or veggie broth (or more if desired)
- 1 tbsp yellow onion
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- shake of salt
- shake of freshly ground pepper
- optional: for protein, once the soup is prepared, feel free to throw in grass fed beef, chicken, turkey, or even eggs!
- optional: 1-2 tbsp almond or peanut butter to top (I loved the soup with almond butter)
Directions – Combine the squash, butter, bacon, broth, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat and add your protein and/or nut butter topping and enjoy!
After lunch, two my my closest friends from UC Davis came to visit and we went for a walk along the coast.
nutrition biochemistry nerdz 4 lyfe.
golden gate bridge
Afterwards, we went to State Bird Provisions for dinner. It is New American fusion served dim sum style, so you order lots of smaller plates. Very cool!¬†I didn’t take any photos of dinner, but it was insanely delicious. We got
- almond biscuits with duck liver mousse
- hamachi spring rolls with persimmon
- garlic bread with burrata
- seafood salsa with avocado cream
- glazed pork ribs with chard and togarashi (my fave!)
- red trout with hazel and mandarin brown butter
Gah, I am salivating just rehashing the details. I should go pack. Have a wonderful ¬†Wednesday!