So I made these bran muffins, ya see?
And I am sitting here trying to think of a name for them. The names I think of either don’t do the muffins justice or they are too long and sound tacky.
Caramelized Peach Butter Bran Muffins
Peachy Pecan Muffins
Brantastic Peach Muffins
Butter Bran Muffins
Yeah. I have no idea. They are all bad. But the muffins are great, both in taste and nutrition. Each muffin boasts…
7 grams of fiber
4 grams of protein
10% DV of copper
10% DV of iron!
16% DV of magnesium
73% DV of manganese!!
12% DV phosphorous
10% DV of zinc
Oh, you want the recipe? Yeah. Fine.
Recipe: Makes 10 muffins
Dry ingredients -
1.5 cups wheat bran
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder & pinch of baking soda
3/4 cup chopped toasted, salted pecans
Wet ingredients -
1 large, juicy peach
1 tbsp maple syrup
a few drops lemon juice
4 tbsp butter
1 cup 2% milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350. When it is ready, toast pecans lightly for 3-4 minutes.
2. Slice the peach into thin pieces. Place them in a pan on the stove with a bit of water. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Cover and cook them on med-high heat. As they soften, mash them and add the maple syrup and a few shakes of cinnamon. Lower the heat and continue to cook them, adding water when they get dry, until they are very soft, mushy, and fragrant. At this point, lower the heat to as low as it goes and add the 1/4 cup butter. Once it is melted, stir and remove from heat.
3. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and all the wet in another.
4. Pour the wet over the dry and mix lightly with a spatula.
5. Bake at 350 for 28-30 minutes.
Also, I need to share this amazing meal that Pace and I had last night. We went to Buenos Aires Cafe in Austin and it was seriously amazing. Especially the dessert…. again.
I ordered the veggie crepes and they were to die for. Truly the perfect vegetarian’s dish (even though I am not vegetarian). The crepes were stuffed with eggplant and mushrooms.
Pace’s meal was crap but thats what you get when you order like a fool. Whyyyy would you order chicken fried beef covered in ham and cheese? Why why why?
Dessert was increible. That means incredible for you gringos out there ;). It was my favorite, tres leches. Only it WASNT tres leches…..
It was quatros leches.
To Pace’s credit, he usually orders better than I do. Not this time, baby.